Pückler had planned a mausoleum on the upper edge of the terrace in the eastern part of the park, in close view of his study in the palace, but it was never realized. The von Arnim family built a memorial chapel and cemetery on this site in 1888, which was then partially destroyed in 1945 and blown up in 1972. The former location is now marked by a simple granite cross.